Read to Grow is hiring a full-time Coordinator for their Early Steps to School Success program (ESSS) in New Haven.
Fluency in Spanish is essential.
The ESSS program aims to prepare children for kindergarten success by working with families with young children up to age 5.
ESSS is a partnership of: Read to Grow, Save the Children, and New Haven Public Schools. Coordinators are employees of Read to Grow. The Coordinator will be part of a four-Coordinator team working from four schools.
Job duties include:
- in-home visits twice a month with families near the school (year-round).
- recruiting families to enroll in the in-home visits;
- organizing monthly parent-child play groups at or near the school.
- organizing weekly and monthly book distributions to families and children in the school’s pre-kindergarten classes (during academic year).
- occasionally presenting the Early Steps to School Success program to other agencies in New Haven.
Please Note: Due to COVID-19, all in-person services are currently being conducted virtually and no sessions are happening on school grounds. In-person services will resume in coordination with CDC, state and city guidance.
- Fluency in English & Spanish required;
- High school degree or more required;
- Written and oral skills;
- Experience working with children and families;
- Competency with computers, including Windows Office and use of Internet;
- Willingness to collect data and participate in program evaluations;
- Highly personable and energetic, flexible, and eager to learn;
- Familiarity with the New Haven area desirable;
- Must have a reliable vehicle;
- Reliable home internet access.
Salary range: $31,000-$37,000 with health benefits.Share