Read to Grow has a job opening for the coordinator (30-32 hours weekly) of our Books for Babies program. The position does not include benefits.
This managerial position is for one of the two programs Read to Grow has operated in Connecticut for the last 18 years. Today, Book for Babies is partnered with 14 hospitals where we deliver Literacy Packets to mothers of newborns on the maternity units. We train volunteers at those hospitals to meet casually with the mothers to talk about the packets and about encouraging their babies’ language skills.
Additionally, Books for Babies is collaborating with community health centers to offer workshops, baby books and other early childhood information to pregnant women receiving their care at those centers.
Basic job qualifications include: a minimum of a BA or BS degree; at least 5 years working experience; experience in managing/training others; good writing and speaking skills; proficiency with computers and basic programs, including Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint.
Background in one or more of the following is preferred: nursing; early childhood development or early childhood education; health sciences.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in applying or getting more information, please initially contact us with resume by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESCRIPTION: part-time (30-32 hours a week, no benefits) managerial position in early childhood literacy program based in 14 hospital maternity units and 6 community health centers in the state.
- oversight of program focusing on education of expectant and new parents about early brain development, childhood language skills and pre-literacy;
- on-going development of expanding program;
- casual/formal meetings with staff of hospitals and community health centers;
- coordinating inventory, packaging and deliveries of program materials to different sites;
- co-managing (with program associate) about 50 volunteers at main office and the partner hospitals;
- regular travel, with reimbursed mileage, to partner hospitals and community health centers;
- working closely with program associate, Read to Grow director and other staff.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS degree minimum;
- background in one or more of following preferred: nursing, early childhood development or early childhood education, health sciences;
- experience in managing/training others and good organization skills;
- excellent abilities in writing and speaking;
- proficiency with computers and basic programs, including Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint.